Reflective Column: Blogging, a love story.



In 2012, we saw the Olympics in London,  we had the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen, and a 14 year old me started this blog.
Since then, my blog's grown, I have gotten a little taller and I as a person have totally evolved. 
When I first started blogging my parents had just got divorced, I had been taken out of my safe feeling private school and placed into a state school (which to most is no big deal, but to me at the time it was one of the scariest things to happen to me). I felt like I didn't have a a voice, I was little dyslexic Mia, who got bullied for having bushy eyebrows. Before starting my blog, I had a lot of anxiety, I hated leaving the house and I wouldn't even walk to the village shop by myself.

It was July when my Mum suggested that I started a blog, it was her idea of keeping me out of trouble. To tell you the truth I didn't even think that I would stick to blogging, I used to hate writing, I couldn't spell and I used to have to spend lunch breaks having 1:1 lessons due to my dyslexia.

One day everything just clicked, it didn't matter that I couldn't spell, that's why spell checker was invented and blogging gave me this confidence and voice that I never had before. 

So it's now 2 and a bit years down the line, I got As in both my English GCSES, and I want to be a journalist!! I now travel to London daily on my own and I could not imagine my life without blogging and writing, also bushy eyebrows are in now...

Blogging has taught me a lot, from writing, to just knowing I have a valid opinion and how to be comfortable with myself. 

It's safe to say that writing here on my little website has really made a difference, it's cringey I know, but it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. 



2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to see how you've changed since 2012! I really enjoy reading your blog Mia & I hope you carry on writing :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that comment has made my day x

      Delete