Review: Mary kay At Play




Now that I am studying at college, it gives me a great opportunity to experiment with makeup colours that I would never have used at school. Mary Kay At Play is a brand that is just perfect for us teens. It's affordable, playful and just all round colourful. It's safe to say that I am totally in love with the the colours. They are now firm favourites of mine.

At first I was a bit scared of stepping out of my comfort zone and not wearing my usual basic makeup. If you are thinking of trying some different colours my top tip would be; test the waters. Just try maybe going out wearing your new colours, if you don't like it you don't have to wear it again. It's what I did and it turned out, blue eyeliner totally my new must have!

So being that the blue eyeliner is now my new must have, let's start with that. The brush is perfect for getting perfect cat eye flicks, it's flexible and easy to control. The colour is so gorgeous and pigmented it's hard not to love it. I was really impressed with how long it lasts, it's great. For me it stayed put all day and didn't even budge when I was sitting on a hot commuter train. The colour is called ' The Real Teal' Kudos on the play on words there Mary Kay.

I love a good lip crayon, this pinky colour 'Heatthrob' is great. It's long lasting and really pigmented. Perfect if you love statement lips. I did find it was a bit messy to apply as it's quite a thing crayon for lips and the crayon lost it's shape easily, but I quickly found that using a lip brush was the way to go. It's very build-able so if you only want a flush of colour it's quite easy to do.

If I am in a rush I turn to the Jelly Lip Gloss in Haute Pink. It's a light pink, which is just basic and girly, perfect if you want a bit more of an understated makeup look. I never leave the house with out it. It does last quite well, all though I do have a habit of eating it off. It is a bit sticky compared to some glosses, but I don't mind that too much. Overall I am a fan it's a basic gloss which is a makeup necessity.

*These were PR samples but all views are my own*



3 comments: