London Fashion Week With Toni & Guy



London Fashion Week, twice a year some of the most stylish, trend-setting and fashionable gurus gather in London. Each fashion week never disappoints, the street style is always beautiful and surprising, there is a flurry of different views and opinions (which is a good thing) and an array of different trends.

I had the amazing opportunity of heading to fashion week for my third season in a row. Toni & Guy invited me backstage to Lulu Liu's show, and I also had some time to take some photographs around Somerset house.


Fashion Week always has a way of inspiring me, so many amazing and unique people with gorgeous and eccentric outfits, it is a feast for the eyes. The street style photographers descend, and these amazing outfits are captured.




Chie Sato was heading up this team.
We caught up with Chie to find out a little more about the inspiration and ideas. "The hair inspiration was from her collection. Lulu Liu's collection has a lot of lines in her clothes, what I wanted to is work with the lines, but not just horizontal or vertical I wanted to focus on irregular lines. Lulu likes to keep it really feminine and soft, but she also likes to mix her culture in with London's. So west meets East kind of thing. The hair is simple and sleek with a tiny bit of detail in the corners."

The products used were: The volume mousse, Chie said this was essential for creating the look. Label M's texturising spray was the used on the top layers of the hair, to finish it off Chie use the hold and gloss which is quick to dry and makes the hair really nice and shiny.

I loved the finished look, it was pretty and beautiful and I love how there was a juxtaposition of textures from the wet look to a dry look, it just made the hair look very niche and it complimented the clothes perfectly.



Lulu Liu's collection was inspired by British vintage toys, which was incredibly unique and such an interesting thing to be inspired by.

I was so impressed with every look Toni & Guy created and was in awe of their ability to capture exactly what Lulu wanted and to capture the essence of her collection. I have to say a massive thank you to Toni & Guy for inviting me, I had such a wonderful experience and I loved every second!

Did you keep up to date with Fashion Week? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I've read a lot of LFW posts and I'm extremely jealous of everyone who has attended as it looks as if it was amazing.
    These pictures are great!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, hope you liked my post

      Delete
  2. I am so obsessed with your blog, I love how colourful all your pictures are! Will definitely be a regular reader from now on! Pictures are great!! I've followed you and I'd really appreciate it if you could go over to my blog and maybe follow me back? Thanks xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's lovely of you x

      Delete
  3. Ah this is so cool! Wish I went to Fashion Week!

    ReplyDelete