Boohoo's Creative Director In The Hot Seat



George Burton is Boohoo's Creative Director, and I have been lucky enough to get an interview with him. So all you budding creative directors and Boohoo lovers keep reading!

Describe a typical working day for you.
A typical day…I’ll start by browsing a few design blogs. Then I attend the weekly Exec management meeting, this involves updates about what’s going on around the business. Meeting over with, I return back to my desk and catch up with my team on progress and deadlines.
The afternoon allows me some design time. I’ll work across lots of different projects and sometimes business plans for new ideas. Meetings with external agencies are also a regular occurrence. These meetings focus on projects such as the boohoo Bus festival activation.

What led you to the role of Creative Director at boohoo.com?
Throughout my career I ‘ve always been in advertising roles. I began my career working for an agency but moved to client side because designing for one company, such as boohoo, provides a bigger sense of accomplishment. I like to see the long term growth and evolution of the hard work I invest into projects.

What do you love most about your job?
I love the variety of work that my job entails. Another bonus is the amazing team we have at boohoo and getting to work with some great characters daily.

What has been the best moment of your career so far?
The best moment of my career has to be seeing my first advert in a national newspaper. To this day I still have a little smile on my face when I see my artwork published.

Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to break into this industry?
Don’t just send out your CV to every position going. You need to take care and thought when approaching each role. I get hundreds of applications when I’m recruiting so you need to stand out from the crowd. My advice would be to make your application creative and unique. I can’t stress how important it is to be relevant to the role and the company you’re applying for.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cool interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog, great post! I like a guy who knows how to dress :P

    i'm following you on Blog Lovin, please follow me back :)

    Fleur

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete