She'll Wake Up From Her Dream


Dress - Primark || Shoes - Newlook || Glasses - Amazon || Socks - Topshop|| Bracelets - H&M|| Bag - Claire's|| Ring - Lucky Eyes*|| Earrings - Handmade by me.

 I stole my twin brother's glasses and poof...an outfit post was born. I can't say he was best pleased about me stealing his glasses (only temporarily I might add), but I enforced the twin rule (which I may or may not have made up) the twin rule is "we shared a womb, surely I can borrow your glasses."

Since the sun is shining it is the absolute best time to get as many photos taken as possible, it can be so hard to get the right lighting and background when it's raining, so fingers very tightly crossed for gorgeous weather for at least another...3 months  (I am being very optimistic).

Let's start with the feet and work our way up. I purchased these New look caged sandals ages ago, so long ago I couldn't wear then at the time as it was far too cold. Now I have no excuse not to wear them, they are super comfy and give me that extra bit of height! The beauty of these sandals is they look uber chic with socks and without. Yes there is a loop hole in the "don't wear socks with sandals" rule. How could I not pair these bad boys with my Topshop frilly socks, I am a sucker for frills.

 I have never worn yellow and blue together before. I don't actually own anything yellow for that matter...well I do as of last week when I purchased this dress. At £8 in Primark, this might have become one of my best summer purchases. I love it. It's a classic Shift style dress (which as you all know is a firm favourite in my wardrobe) and the retro patterns and colours are so eye catching. I have to say I was like a magpie when I saw this dress, I had to have it. The bright bold colours are so perfect for summer, really you can't go wrong with this dress, I still can't believe it was under £10.

Anna Dello Russo once said " Accessories are like Vitamins to fashion as such, you should use them liberally." Well if that's the case I simply had to wear two necklaces, my little jade coloured Buddha is from an online boutique and my chunky one is from Primark. My bangles are from H&M, and my brother's sun glasses are off Amazon. I am also wearing super cute midi ring with a butterflyon it from Lucky Eyes, it's dainty and girly, which is just my cup of tea, I also love how the crystals in the butterfly sparkle.

To finish off the outfit, I had my rather charming panda rucksack. I never realised how convenient having a rucksack was, and I guess having one with a very cute panda on it helps. It is so spacious too, I can fit so so many things in there (kinda like the Tardis). This one is from Claire's, I think a rucksack is a must-have this summer, especially if you are someone who is going away, or planning a trip to a city. I always take it around London, it holds all my things including my camera (which I never leave home without).

My earrings, you will have noticed are odd. The don't match, I decided I had way too many pairs of matching earrings, I was bored of matching earrings, so I made my own. They were so easy to make, I just used pliers, and found some old bracelets, took them apart and then made my earrings. I think this is a great way to make your look a little bit more unique and niche, plus there is an awesome sense of accomplishment when  you make them.


9 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog through twitter :) LOVE this shift dress - and such a bargain too!
    Also that panda backpack is possibly one of the greatest accessories I have ever seen!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? Thank you so much! Enjoy the rest of my blog :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm totally in love with this dress. It's not what I would normally wear but I have to admit it is really cute. You really made it work in this outfit.
    Xxx
    Miss Bows
    bowsofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I wouldn't normally wear a dress in these colours but I love it, and for £8 it's great! xx

      Delete
  3. I adore this dress. Great layout by the way.
    xxx
    Miss Bows
    bowsofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your dress and reading your blog ..your amazing ��x

    ReplyDelete