New Kid On The Block - Anna-Rose




After doing my usual prowl on Instagram (what can I say my Friday nights are exhilarating) I came across a very inspiring 13 year old budding illustrator/designer/all round fashion Guru called Anna-Rose. I was so impressed by her commitment, quirky designs, amazing fashion sense and gorgeous bold colours that I had to drop her an email and find out more! After a couple of emails, I decided I had to get a little interview with the lovely Anna-Rose to share with all my lovely readers! Not only do I have a little interview I also have (as you can see) some of gorgeous drawings that she drew especially for my blog! So grab a hot mug of coffee, hot chocolate or green tea sit back and have a lovely read all about this totally talented 'New Kid On The Block' Anna-Rose.

Why don't you start by telling me a little bit more about yourself?
My name is Anna-Rose. I am 13 (14 in May) I live in a cute town in South London where I spend my time drawing anything that is fabulous, making clothes, eating chocolate, and going to a place which is called school. 

You are really inspiring, but what inspires you?
Culture, people, books, films, blogs, photography, fashion, designers anything really.
I am big fans of Grace Coddington, Diana Vreeland and Vidal Sassoon. What I like about these people which motivates me to be successful is that they came from quite a 'basic' background and have become very inspirational and successful to the fashion industry they have all contributed a lot to fashion and without them fashion today could of been very different.

It's clear you are going places, I would love to know what your dream is!
Erm... well in an ideal world it would be to have a unicorn and to live in fairyland, but for plan B I would like to study fashion print or fashion design at Central Saint Martens, then maybe intern at a fashion house, I would love to start my own company selling beautifully cut, colourful clothes!

What are your favourite fashion brands and designers?
I love Alexander McQueen, Valentino, Jeremy Scott, Christopher Kane, House of Holland, Jonathan Saunders and Moschino.

You have a gorgeous sense of style, how would you describe it?
I love anything colourful or an item of clothing with an amazing pattern and print, but I don't get very much pocket money so I tend to make most of my clothes.

You have so much talent, what's your biggest achievement?
Well i'm quite young, so not much has happened in my life but I won the art prize and the overall subject prize at my school prize giving, Miss Vogue instagramed my drawing, I won a Blue Peter badge when I was 6 for entering a competition about the environment and wild life, I am grade 5 on Violin and Recorder, and I have created a nice portfolio of drawings and hand made clothes so I haven't achieved anything too big compared to some people my age but i'm happy, and I hope to have an exciting life ahead of me! 

Seriously how cool is she? From playing the Violin to making her own clothes, I can tell you now I will be the first one in line to the grand opening of her flagship store! If you want to have a metaphorical drool over some of Anna-Rose's illustrations take a look at her Instagram and Blog. It really shows that you are never to young to be an inspiration and to do what you love!











2 comments:

  1. WOW, these are too good. Love illustration - great find!

    ReplyDelete