Charles Worthington



I love playing with my hair, creating new  styles, using new products, but I hate how frizzy my hair can go if I brush it, well when I say this, my hair usually goes two ways, frizzy or just flat. I can never seem to get the right volume! But...I have a saviour, and it comes in the form of this 'Charles Worthington Big Volume Kit.'

This kit contains all the necessary products, I need to make a beautiful casual, party or red carpet look, with ease!  The kit contains 4 products:

  • Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Shampoo, 250ml
  • Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce conditioner, 250ml
  • Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Root Lift Backcomb Powder
  • Salon Inspired Backcomb Brush
Let me start off with the brush, I have so many brushes in my room, but I have never had one that is good for backcombing, which meant I could never properly create a quiff or other styles similar, so when I finally got my hands on this brush I was one happy bunny. It's bright pink and everybody knows how much I love pink, so instantly pleased with the appearance. The brush itself took a little bit of getting used too, but this could have been due to being an inexperienced backcomber. Once I got the hang of it, I loved it! It didn't pul my hair, and I found it was the perfect size to get precision without pulling or ruining my hair!

I used the shampoo and conditioner every time I washed my hair, this helped prepare it for any volumising hair styles I was going to create, and even if I decided to do nothing with my hair, it gave it that extra bit of volume and bounce that my hair cried out for, without making it into a "Frizz-Machine" (yes that is my nickname for my hair on a bad day). I noticed even after the first wash of using both the conditioner and shampoo, my hair felt and looked thicker, there was a beautiful healthy shine and a lovely bounce to it from the root down. The smell of both of these products is divine, I can't pinpoint the exact smell, but it's very refreshing and clean and it lasts for ages, I kept getting whiffs of it through out the day and usually the next day too!  

To finish off my bouncy hairstyle I would use the backcomb powder! I loved this, it was it a lovely sized bottle (fits perfect in a hand bag, school bag and a large clutch bag) so if I needed to top up my bouncy hairstyle I could. When applying this, there really was this fantastic and noticeable difference to my hair, it looked thick and luxurious, what I always wanted, it really helped to add that bounce to my hair. Sadly I don't have long enough hair to put it into a fishtail braid, but I feel it would work really well with a normal plait or fishtail braid, making a beautiful messy volumized and on trend look. I used it for half up half down, pony tails and my hair down. I also found, that it soaked up some excess oil on hair too which is an added bonus! I did find however that the powder does come out of the bottle incredibly fast, so I had to be very careful, to make sure I didn't tip too much on to my hair!

This kit has an RRP of £16which I think is a fantastic price, you can also buy more from Charles Worthington here.

There is even a voucher in the box too!



*this was a PR sample-but all views are my own*


2 comments: