It's time for a geek out....

Hello All,

I decided today it was time for me to have a little bit of a 'Geek out' I think everybody now and then needs a good old fashioned 'Geek out' and today here is mine! I don't really know how to review, TV shows, so I am not going to, I guess this post let's you know that little bit more about me. This isn't like a fan post either (to tell you the truth I have no idea what kind of post this is), I am not one of those girls who goes a little mad on Tumblr, I just enjoy a decent show, who doesn't? Again not too sure what prompted me to do this post, this is what happens when I have too much time to think about quirky blog posts on the bus!

My Mum is always hesitant when she watches films with me, as I apparently have a a tendency of "reciting" IMDB. I always thought that what I "recited" was interesting facts...apparently not! Anyway off topic, I first learnt there was going to be a new vampire T.V show on IMDB a while ago, and I have to say I just thought it was going to be like Twilight or Vampire Diaries, I don't really understand the vampire craze, or at least sparkly vampires.

Dracula has just started I believe it's on it's second episode, and I judged a book by its cover. There were no sparkly vampires insight...(phew) I have to say the reason I enjoy it is not because it's about vampires, it's the story or revenge and love, and how strangely it's sort of relatable,  of course my wife was not burned at the stake, nor am I in Victorian England, but at some point we will al feel heart break, and most of us will want to seek some revenge of some form. I am trying really hard not to give to much away so please forgive me if you don't understand everything yet.


The series is created by Cole Haddon, who I think puts a refreshing spin on this timeless classic, it's different, but at the same time still has that Dracula that we love and know from Bram Stoker's hypnotising book. He creates an element of magic and mystery, without making it too unrealistic.

The stars include Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who has stared in 'The Tudors' but my favourite has to be 'Match Point' a Woody Allen film. Any way he plays Dracula or Alexander Grayson. Katie McGrath who was of course in 'Merlin', Jessica De Gouw who was in 'Arrow' and lastly Oliver Jackson-Cohen who was in 'Faster' and fun fact for you, his mother is the very talented fashion designer Betty Jackson, who I love!

I usually think a TV show is good, if I dream about it...I know it's strange, I am bizarre like that, but if I dream about it, it means I have been thinking about it, and it's been stuck in my head. Yes, I dreamt about this show, and it was weird, I was dressed in a gorilla costume, and was in a band with the cast of Dracula, I was the lead singer (who couldn't sing) and we were playing Space Oddity by David Bowie. I do want to say I am making this up, as its so strange, but sadly I am not! I don't even know what's going on it my brain half the time! If you think that's wierd you should have seen my Game Of Thrones dream, let's just say I turned into a dragon!

Dracula is on every Friday on Sky Living, and I do recommend you try it, for me it's a mixture of Downton Abby meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer, with a little bit of the TV show Revenge in there too. Sorry for geeking out on you all, it just had to be done. I think secretly I always had a little bit of a soft spot for vampire films/tv shows (not sparkly ones) as when I was little (really little) I was in a short Vampire film, which has actually made me not afraid of vampire...if you know me, you'll know I am afraid of everything! To see a small me as a vampire check out the Film here, only just found it, have not seen it in years!

Mia xoxo



1 comments:

  1. I love Dracula so much! Its good to have a vampire programme that isn't all sissy :)

    ReplyDelete