Designer Profile|| Marc Jacobs

Hello all,

So now the news is out, that Marc Jacobs is leaving Louis Vuitton, I thought now would be the perfect time to do a designer profile on him.


Marc Jacobs born in 1963 (making him 50) He has his own brand Marc Jacobs and his diffusion brand Marc by Marc Jacobs he's been the creative director of Louis Vuitton since 1997-well until now!
When Marc was 7 his father suddenly died, and his mother suffered from a mental illness, so he went to live with his Grandmother (from his father's side) and he credits his grandmother for his inspiration.

When he was 15 he went to a high school for art and design, and worked at Charivari a boutique in New York. He then went to Parsons school for design, where he designed and sold his first line of knitwear sweaters.

In 1993 he got backing from former bosses and launched his own company with business partner Robert Duffy, thus Marc Jacobs was born! The brand now has 200 stores worldwide in 80 countries.

This I know is a short post, but pretty much covers everything you need to know about the one, the only, Marc Jacobs.

I love Marc Jacobs, my phone case is from 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' I have to admit (I think I will upset a few of you) I am not a very big fan of Louis Vuitton, I just feel that the brand has just gotten a little boring, I am not a huge fan of the print and so many people now have a Louis Vuitton bag or a fake! It's just of my cup of tea!  I do love Marc Jacobs and his clothes are gorgeous, if I had all the money in the world I would definitely fill my wardrobe with his clothes!  

Photo Source


I love both of these shorts in the photo above, and all the shoes, truthfully I am like a kid in a candy store! I love almost everything he creates!

What do you think of Marc Jacobs?

Mia xoxo





1 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I don't really like Louis Vuitton either... I absolutely dislike the print!

    ReplyDelete