Interview with Jewellery By Jaymie!

Hey There Beauties and Fashionistas!

I have been lucky to speak to Jaymie who makes/designs and sells her gorgeous Jewellery! I was so excited when he agreed to do an interview with me, I absolutely adore her site, her jewellery consists of all my favorite people (Audrey Hepburn, John Lennon, Andy Warhol and much more) it is all affordable, and so unique! I love each of her designs and really suggest you check out her website, as I could not contain myself when I found it! Here is her site: Link Here

So here is the interview!

What inspired you to create Jewellery By Jaymie? 
Well as you can probably tell I'm obsessed with decades gone by, iconic figures and films.
It all kind of started when I made myself a Twiggy necklace as I love her and the 60s in particular and wanted my own piece of jewellery and generally I couldn't find any necklaces with Twiggy on so I thought 'hey I'll make it myself' after seeing shrink plastic before I thought that would be the best option. Then I started making more pieces featuring some of my favourite things such as Cats, Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. 



Where do you get inspiration from when creating your handmade pieces? 
I'm inspired by the 50s and 60s in particular, iconic figures, films and books. I'm really inspired by directors such as Wes Anderson, Sophia Coppola (Marie Antoinette and the Dior adverts starring Natalie Portman, are just too beautiful) and Baz Luhrmann, as I'm a massive film nerd and love going to the cinema... I can't wait for the new Great Gatsby movie directed by Luhrmann, I can just tell it's going to be perfect.

When was your store created?
About a year and a half ago now!

As you have so many amazing icons in your store, who is your favorite?
Ah, I have so many! I couldn't possibly just chose one but some of my ultimate favourites have got to be Twiggy, Edie, Jane Birken, Audrey, Marilyn and James Dean. Sorry that's not very narrowed down ha!

Where do you see your shop in 10 years from now?
I would love to see my pieces worn by some of my favourite people, in more magazines and publications. I would just like to be as successful as possible and be able to do what I love and still be happy doing it. 

If you could get any model, to model your jewellery who would it be?
Charlotte Free, I love her pink hair with a passion, she's so fun and think she would look great in some of my embellished sunglasses. 

What medias and equipment do you use when creating your designs/jewellery?
 I use pencils, permanent pens a light box, freehand, paint, pliers and other little jewellery making tools. 

What is your favourite item in your store at the moment? 
Probably my lipstick phone case, fast food necklaces and palm tree brooches. 


Check out Jaymie's blog! Blog
Follow her on twitter too! @By_Jaymie

What's your favorite item, or have you already purchased from the site?

Mia xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment