Interview with Ruth from Veuxdoo


Hi Beauties,

Well I managed to get an online interview with the lovely Ruth, owner of fashion online site Veuxdoo.



1) What made you decide to start up your own online clothing boutique?

I graduated with a 2:1 degree in Fashion Studies back in September, 
but had actually finished my course back in May. After a short rest and relaxation period, 
it was on to the job hunting. Living in the East Midlands, it takes at least 2 hours to get to
anywhere with any type of fashion jobs I was interesting in pursuing, so I wanted to do 
something that was productive for my CV and kept me on the Fashion world, so creating an
online boutique seemed the quickest and most interesting thing to undertake.

2) What are your favorite items that are on your site at the moment?

- The Andromeda T-shirt is one of my favourites - I love the deep rich colour and the unique effect
 the dying process has created. It would look great with plain black skinny jeans and a biker jacket.















- The 'To Infinity' custom shorts are very popular, and very on trend. I think they're a really striking
 custom piece.















- The Jaws earrings have to be my favourite accessory - if I had my ears pierced I'd keep 
them for myself! The jaw moves up and down, I've never seen anything like them before. 
















- The leaf print skirt is one of my favourite vintage items. The print and it's
 colours is quite unusual but with a grunge-y edge. I think it looks great styled with
 a chunky belt and crop top.















3) Have you noticed any trends lately?

- Last summer custom items were really popular, using a lot a studs and tie-dye,
 so these trends are likely to occur again next summer especially around the festival season.
 Bold florals and spots were popular prints on the  S/S 2013 catwalks so expect to see 
them sneak their way into our wardrobes and I predict an Oriental affair for next winter,
 but we'll have to wait and see!

4) What advice would you give to a new online shop/ someone looking to create one?


Look at what similar online boutiques are doing, and try not to copy them: be inspired by
 them but bring something new to the market, whether it be products, pricing or services.
 Be prepared to put in a lot of time and money with little return in the beginning,
 but try and stick it out and you'll learn what sells and what is worth investing in.

5) When did you first set up you shop?

The store opened in August 2012 and has only been open for about 3 months.

6) Where did the Veuxdoo come from (why did you decide on that name)?

I've always thought about having a brand name, and came up with the idea of Voodoo 
a few years ago, but never did anything with it at the time. It stayed in the back of 
my mind, and when thinking of a name for my store, I decided I may as well us it!
 I changed it to Veuxdoo to make it a little more unique, and it wasn't already in use.

Thanks so much to Ruth for taking the time to answer the questions!
If you would like to check out Veuxdoo CLICK HERE!

Follow Ruth on Twitter:Click here
Follow Veuxdoo on Twitter: Click here

Mia xoxo







1 comments: